Sunday, April 23, 2017

Waffle House
2118 TN-115, Maryville, TN 37801
 (865) 233-0112 Open 24-hours a day
 
Two years ago while my youngest son was attending the Delta Flight Attendant School in Atlanta Georgia he happened to stumble across the Waffle House.  He raved about the waffles but sadly no such place existed in Idaho, I had to wait these few years until I visited my brother and sister in law in Friendsville Tennessee.

As a treat to me I was invited to breakfast at the local Waffle House; it was a gloomy dismal rainy day and I needed the distraction. This waffle house opened recently at the end of 2016 and is as I was informed slightly larger than most other Waffle House’s.  We were greeted by friendly server Laura and quickly shown to our booth, the waitress was very friendly and eager which is always a good sign.
I glanced at the “main” menu when my sister in law asked for the “$5.00 ”menu which is not on the table as a rule.  This special menu gives the diner a choice of 15 menu items which include your choice of drink.  A very good value based meal; I got a waffle, two scrambled eggs and coffee both my brother and sister in law ordered the waffle and two eggs over medium and coffee.  This is a lot of food and drink for just $5.00 per person.
The food arrived quickly and cooked to order, the waffle was golden brown and cooked through, my two scrambled eggs were cooked but more on the French style, the whites were just slightly from being completely done.  The over medium eggs were done to a T.  The coffee was nice and aromatic and not bitter nor too strong, as Goldie Locks would say, just right!
The waitress came around several times to refresh our coffee and ask how our food was; she was very attentive even though the place was packed.  If you like waffles and a few sides this is the place to try out, fast, good food, quality priced and friendly.





No comments: